CAT ADOPTION CONTRACT
Animal Name: __________________ AGE: __________O MALE O FEMALE Spayed/Neutered: O Yes O No
Applicant Name:____________________________Address: ____________________________________________
City: _____________________Province: __________ Postal Code: __________Home Phone: _________________
Work Phone: ___________________ Cell Phone:___________________Email:___________________________
In consideration for receiving the herein described animal, I agree upon signing, to pay the adoption fee set out below and to comply with the following conditions. Failure to comply with any of the conditions may result in the reclamation of the said animal to the Cat Care Initiative (CCI) volunteers without the adoption fee refunded.
1. I will treat this animal humanely at all times.
2. He/she will always have adequate food, water and shelter.
3. I will ensure that this animal is not physically, emotionally or mentally abused.
4. If not done so already, I agree to have this animal spayed or neutered within thirty (30) days.
5. I understand a representative of the CCI team may reclaim this animal if # 4 above is not upheld.
6. I understand this animal will NOT be allowed outside unattended until after she/he has been spayed or neutered.______________(please initial)
7. I agree to have identification on this animal at all times in the form of an ID tag and/or microchip.
8. I will not have this animal destroyed unless on the advice of a veterinarian and with written consent from the
Cat Care Initiative.
9. I will not release this animal for medical or veterinary experimentation or permit him/her to be used for fighting, baiting or breeding purposes.
10. I understand that the CCI accepts no responsibility for the present or future behavior and actions of this animal.
11. I understand all medical costs from this day forward including, but not limited to, vaccines, medications, veterinary expenses, food and shelter are my sole responsibility.
12. I will not subject this animal to any cosmetic or unnecessary surgery including, but not limited to, declawing, ear cropping, tail docking or vocal cord removal without prior consultation from a CCI representative.
13. I will allow a CCI representative to visit my home and inspect my pet/home, upon request, if they choose to do so. If, in their opinion, the animal is not receiving proper care, I will release the animal immediately and unconditionally back to CCI.
14. I agree to take this animal to a veterinarian for regular health exams at least once a year.
15. I agree to return this animal to CCI should I decide I no longer want this animal or am unable to care for it.______________(please initial)
16. The adoption fee of $_______________ is paid herein. Signature:_____________________________________________
Date: ________________________CCI Representative:______________________________________________
Any false information provided in this contract may result in voiding of the contract. If the contract is deemed null and void a CCI representative may reclaim the animal.
Disclaimer: CCI will not knowingly place an animal that is not in good health, or place an animal with any known medical condition without disclosing all the information prior to placement. However, no guarantee can be given regarding any unknown or undiscovered health problems at the time of this adoption. To ensure adequate protection against common infectious disease, consult your veterinarian.
Please call Cat Care Initiative at Cats Cradle Store with any questions 705-947-3002